Search This Blog

Thursday 20 February 2014

Damp Lunchtime at The Stable

Last week I was due to meet up with my mum and Auntie Sue for lunch, and the venue chosen was The Stable. I've heard a lot of things about The Stable since it opened almost a year ago, some good, some bad I was well overdue a visit to make my own mind up. After almost getting blown into the fountains by the high winds I made it windswept to the venue. Thankfully it was delightfully cozy and warm inside I found my family at the only occupied table in the place, near the back.
The Stable Bristol

The Stable has a healthy selection of pizzas to choose from as well as a number of pies in case pizza doesn't float your boat. The Stable offers a smaller lunchtime pizza for £6 with a salad which is what I ended up going for as I am not really one for eating big at lunchtime, it tends to make me very sleepy and seeing as I had to go back to work that was not really the best plan. There are 4 smaller pizzas to choose from, the two that particularly appealed to me, the West Country Porker, topped with Bath Pig Co. chorizo and the Harbour Herbivore which was topped with blue cheese, potatoes, Spanish onions and spinach. In the end I chose the Porker as who can really resist chorizo? Luckily mum picked my other choice so I knew I would be guaranteed a taste.

The main downside to The Stable is it took nearly half an hour for our pizzas to arrive, half an hour in a place this empty, the proof is in the photo I took above I am not sure what took so long maybe they went to Italy to make them for a true authentic taste. However once the pizzas arrived they did look very nice.
The Stable Bristol
The Harbour Herbivore
The Stable Bristol
West Country Porker
The Stable Bristol
How do you feel about potato on a pizza?
The Stable Bristol
Bath Pig Co. Chorizo upclose
Once the pizzas arrived they looked pretty tasty, albeit half covered in a forest of leaves, the bases were nice and thin which is how I liked them and cut very nicely with the giant pizza wheel.  I was impressed by how much thick chorizo that topped my pizza it was really very nice and excellent quality, which is obviously to be expected from the Bath Pig Company.  I did find the base a little over floury but that is just me being picky probably. So pretty good pizzas all round but the best was yet to come. Mum and Auntie Sue decided they needed dessert so ordered the caramelised apple and ginger cheesecake with pecan praline and also a brownie with clotted cream.
The Stable Bristol
apple and ginger cheesecake
My oh my if this wasn't one of the best cheesecakes I've had in years, it pushed all my buttons. The apple and ginger stopped it from being super sickly sweet and the cinnamon, well that will always hit my sweet spot.  I would have been heartbroken if this was just a special, luckily it seems to be on their permanent menu, if you are fan of cheesecake I heartily recommend this one. We were fed pretty well at The Stable it was a good pizza I am interested in trying some of their more crazy combinations, the roast lamb pizza has had very high praise indeed from lots of people on my Twitter feed. The pudding was the star for me however, and I am not a pudding person. To see what else The Stable have to offer, visit their website.

3 comments:

  1. Good review, although I think one of the main attractions of the place is its huge selections of cider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right they have a huge selection, I just wasn't drinking at lunch time, didn't want cider head when back at work especially when I couldn't sleep it off at my desk! :)

    ReplyDelete