Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 March 2014

A Friday Lunch at The Kitchen

On Friday we had decided to have a team lunch out to celebrate and welcome our new team mate So-Ting into the fold. She had suggested The Kitchen, part of the YMCA which is located at the Old Fire Station on Silver Street. I had shamefully never heard of such a place and we decided to give it a spin. We walked into a large canteen style space and picked a table to sit at. The menu is not huge but there is certainly a lot to tempt a hungry worker, burgers, falafel, salads, sandwiches and triple cooked chips, more on those later.

I decided to go for the grilled chicken pitta at a reasonable £5, a pitta stuffed with marinated chicken breast a mint and yoghurt dressing, plus a mix of salads. I also could not resist ordering a bowl of triple cooked chips, for £2 it was a gamble I was willing to make.  The food took about 20 minutes or just under to arrive and was enormous. My pitta was so stuffed with lentil salad, zingy chicken and salad leaves, the chips were golden batons of joy, skin on no less.

The Kitchen Bristol
Grilled Chicken in Pitta
The Kitchen Bristol
Grilled chicken in pitta, take a closer look...
The Kitchen Bristol
triple cooked chips
The food here is terrific. Fresh tasting and large portions this is sure to become a firm favourite. The chips alone are worth it, these are perfection in chip form crunchy, golden and nicely salted. They use chicken thigh meat in my pitta which had a great flavour and was nice and juicy. Even the lentil salad was delicious, lentils can be so bland and undercooked, these were neither, a Spring lemony taste which was complimented by the creamy mint dressing. I also cannot forget the warmly spicy chili sauce that comes in a small pot on the side, I could have done with a little more of this as it was so moreish.  I have already raved about this place to several friends since Friday and I am looking forward to my next visit.  To find out more about The Kitchen visit their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment