Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Lunching Korean Style at Tuk Tuck

In the place of the Fantastic Sandwich Company, on St Stephen's Street, you can now find Asian inspired eating emporium Tuk Tuck. In the offering are bahn mi, bibimbap, sushi, salads and kimchi fries topped with your choice from the offerings. Naomi and I have been eyeing this up for a few days and when we had a spare lunch spot we headed down to see what it was all about.

We received a warm welcome from the staff and eventually I opted for chicken bibimbap with hot sauce to stir into it, but there is a non spicy sauce option too. Naomi went for a chicken salad and we decided to share some chicken topped kimchi fries, I had heard great things and was curious. We sat down with our drinks and waited for our lunch to be brought over.
Tuk Tuck Bristol
Bibimbap

Tuk Tuck Bristol

Tuk Tuck Bristol
kimchi fries
I stirred my bibimbap vigorously after applying the hot sauce, the egg yolk broke and added a nice creaminess to the dish. I personally could have had the sauce hotter, but I know that averagely, people probably wouldn't get on with that if it was made the standard. Luckily there was a bottle of Sriracha on the table for me to top up the levels a little. I found the dish fresh tasting and delicious. A generous portion and filling. The star for me were those kimchi fries, addictive and delicious, a real hit. I really enjoyed my first visit to Tuk Tuck, it certainly won't be my last. It is nice to have somewhere a little different to grab lunch on your break. Find out more about Tuk Tuck on their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment