Search This Blog

Friday 24 January 2014

Lunchtime Pizza at The Elephant

Last week I had a long overdue meet up with my Auntie Sue we decided to have a catch up lunch and The Elephant on St Nicholas Street was decided on. The Elephant has gone through a number of reincarnations since I first moved to Bristol currently it is a wood bedecked light and airy bar open for lunch and dinner.  It was extremely quiet when we went in so once we were handed our menus we went to sit down and ponder them. They pride themselves on using local produce, their menu is fairly small they have focused mainly on pizzas but they also do a burger with customisable toppings and a sandwich or two. I decided to go for the demi pepperoni pizza with salad. 

the Elephant Bristol

the Elephant Bristol

The base was a lovely texture nice and fluffy but also light, the flavour of the base was also really good. The best bit for me was how creamy the mozzarella tasted with the saltiness of the pepperoni it worked beautifully and was rather moreish. The pepperoni itself was thickly cut and full of flavour, this is definitely a pizza I want in my life again. It was nice to have a smaller portion for lunch as I think I would have been wiped out by a full size one this was just right and rather surprisingly good.

A short and sweet post on the delicious pizzas at The Elephant, head on down for a little bargain for £6 it is worth it. plus the barman was really friendly and helpful. To check out what other toppings The Elephant  have to offer check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment