Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Early Evening Dinner at Nomu

The other week Carla  and I met up at the fairly recent addition to Whiteladies, Nomu. Nomu markets itself as a Japanese cocktail bar and restaurant, there were certainly a hefty list of cocktails on their drinks menu which were highly tempting. As this was midweek though I didn't want to go too crazy so settled for a G&T. It was a bit quiet in Nomu but it was only a Wednesday so Carla and I settled into a corner booth with menus and our drinks. Nomu offer an early bird special, 2 courses for £10 so I went for the edamame and yaki udon, whilst Carla chose the vegetable gyoza and pork with ginger.

Nomu Bristol
edamame
Nomu Bristol
vegetable gyoza
The edamame were plentiful, suitably salted and tasty enough for two to pick and nibble on. The vegetable gyoza we found a bit bland and not very well filled but this is something that could easily be improved on and I understand that this is something Nomu are currently working on. The service it must be said was really attentive and considered, the staff were very polite and ready on hand for any requests but not intrusively so.
Nomu Bristol
Yaki Udon
Nomu Bristol
pork with ginger

Our mains were tasty I particularly enjoyed my yaki udon the quantity of chicken and prawns was very generous, I for one can never resist a good plate of noodles. The pork with ginger was suitably gingery and delicate in flavour. So mostly I was impressed with Nomu I hope it starts to get busier because it deserves to do well, it's a great reasonably priced refuel if you are in a rush or relax with a number of cocktails if you are feeling more leisurely. Keep up to date with all things Nomu by visiting their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment