Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Pre Theatre Dinner at Falafel King

Jamie and I were on our way to the Redgrave theatre on Percival road and we needed to stop for a quick bite to eat, my first suggestion was Falafel King. Jamie, having never been to this Bristol institution, readily agreed and we met outside ready for a quick dinner. I have been to Falafel King on Cotham Hill a number of times and it never disappoints, definitely the best falafel you will get in town, and so far I have yet to have a falafel to rival it ever, although the ones at Maroush in London came very close if not equal to. I ordered a small pitta where as Jamie went for the salad, two meals for under £10, a total bargain.
Falafel King Bristol
Falafel in pitta

Falafel King Bristol
falafel salad

Falafel King Bristol
falafel salad up close
We waited about 5-10 minutes for the food to be prepared as it was a bit busy but once it arrived we tucked in. Jamie was really amazed to see how much food came with the salad option at such a cheap price. It looked so fresh and delicious next time I might be tempted away from my usual pitta option, which was excellent as always. One of my favourite elements of Falafel King is their chilli sauce, I didn't overload mine quite as much as chilli fanatic Jamie but I love a little for a good kick.

Most people are already aware of the greatness of Falafel King I just wanted to shout loud and proud how much of a fan I am. They often have live music in the evening where you can snack on meze and enjoy some shisha so for all your falafel cravings and needs this is the best place in town. For more info on live music schedule or opening times check out their Facebook page. Next week I want to finally write up my first foray into katsu curry, so then you can all have a go at making it.

2 comments:

  1. If you are ever back in Paris, check out the French/Israeli restaurant, L'as du Fallafel in the Marais (26 Rue des Rosiers). The take-away window often has a queue down the block. My favourite falafel in pita EVER. I miss that place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noted! Mmm you can't beat a falafel in pitta in my opinion very satisfying indeed, and now I want one badly! Oh the cravings!

    ReplyDelete